Redding Rancheria IHS
Rincon Clinic (Main office) Santa Ysabel Clinic (T) 760.749.1410(T) 760.765.4203 (SY) Choose Option 0 for Administration Fax Lines (F) Admin 760.749.1564(F) 760.765.4208 (SY) (F) Dental 760.749.4239 (F) Medical 760.749.2151 (F) Medical Records 760.749.2151 (F) Pharmacy 760.233.5597 (F) Registration 760.233.5594 Address: Rincon Clinic Santa Ysabel Clinic50100 Golsh Rd 110 1/2 School House Canyon RdValley Center, CA 92082Santa Ysabel, CA 92070Billing Info: P.O. Box 406P.O. Box 10Pauma Valley, CA 92061Santa Ysabel, CA 92070
Reaching Out to the Community
Community Health Services is a “relationship” department that connects IHC’s clinical services with the community, striving for optimum health for our clients. Through home visitation and community events, this relationship, and the warm interpersonal bonds staff members establish, help clients keep their appointments; they help increase clients' compliance with medication and blood pressure monitoring, and generally give the client a feeling of “caring”. This can make the difference between health and wellness, or illness and disease.
The Team is made up of Community Health Representatives (CHRs), Public Health Nurses (PHNs), an Injury Prevention
Coordinator, a Nutritionist, a Physical Exercise Specialist, an Environmental Technician, and Administration Assistants. The Team
provides a wide array of on-site and outreach health and wellness programs to adults and children. At our programs’ core is a cultural sensitivity that makes all the difference.
Specialized programs include:
Community Flu Clinics
- Community Health & Wellness Fairs
- Coordination with outside services (Angel's Depot, Life Line, Meals on the Go)
- Diabetes Education through monthly DM 101 Classes 2nd Tues. & 2nd Wed. of each month
- Elder care, self-help, and empowerment
- Environmental health, including fluoride water sampling
- Health promotion, disease prevention, early intervention through education
- Home visitation by Public Health Nurses & Community Health Representatives
- Infant and child health, growth, and development education
- Injury Prevention - Child Safety Seats, children's bike rodeos, elder home safety checks
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Physical Exercise classes and consultation
- Prenatal and post-partum care through the AIIHI program
- Rabies clinics for dogs and cats
- Women's breast and cervical cancer education
On-site, on-location and in-the-home …
- Many programs are offered at IHC's Rincon and Santa Ysabel facilities.
- Activities also take place on consortium reservations.
- Certified health professionals provide home visits, assessments, and services for those in need of monitoring, case management, referral, and follow-up.
Well/health risk appraisal health fairs offer multi-department efforts coordinated by CHS. These health fairs are offered on all reservations annually and have become an integral, well received event at regional and national health conferences.
An array of “tests” are performed (cholesterol, hemoglobin, blood pressure, blood glucose, and for women over 40 yrs. old and men 60 yrs & older, an osteoporosis screening, and all are documented and filed in participants' medical record. Health education is even through colorful posters on such topics as Breast Health, Cardiovascular Disease, Infant/Toddler Safety, Car Seat Safety, Nutrition, Substance Abuse, Smoking Cessation, and special topics, as requested.
Public Health Nurses are available for “exit interviews” and coordinate follow-up efforts on any finding needing attention.
Content courtesy of: http://indianhealth.com/contact_us.htm